Accidentally took off a few tips while siphoning

  • Thread starter Thread starter kyleinpdx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kyleinpdx

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2016
Messages
685
Reaction score
659
Location
PNW
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few moments ago I was performing a water change and siphoning out some detritus I accidentally got a few of the tips of my RTBA's tentacles at just the right angle where they got ripped off by the vacuum. It looks to only be the tips of 4-5, maybe a cm worth each. Its pretty ticked off but seemingly in one piece. Its not as bad as going through a power head but this is the first time I've had an injured anemone, how does this stack up in terms of damage? Will it be alright in a day or two or am I looking at some more serious issues?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
It will be Fine. Must have really apologized real nice!;)
 
++1 on bein' fine. One of mine many got its face gyre'd a little bit a few weeks back. She walked funny for a few weeks and was a lil lopsided but things are regenerating nicely and doing great. they can handle some light blending, sump rides(no return rides up though!!! That blend is a real problem), and stretch them out to total odd proportions. BTAs = Tough. Like stretch arm strong but different...just no foot/mouth tearin' and ought to be okay :)
 
How did just the tips get siphoned off? That seems like an extreme siphon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new