Acclimating corals to higher alk

Cstar_BC

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2019
Messages
724
Reaction score
1,241
Location
Vancouver BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my water is staying at 11dkh (hanna)

after watching the brs video on alk and coral growth I think I’m just going to leave my stable water alone instead of chasing NSW numbers

how can you acclimate corals to higher dkh without shocking them ?

anyone with experience greatly appreciated
 
So my water is staying at 11dkh (hanna)

after watching the brs video on alk and coral growth I think I’m just going to leave my stable water alone instead of chasing NSW numbers

how can you acclimate corals to higher dkh without shocking them ?

anyone with experience greatly appreciated


Drip acclimate for a hour should do it. Dip in some coral dip per instructions and place low in the tank to light acclimate for a few days.
 
One alk change from low to high(er) really isn't a big deal even for SPS. Even less for LPS and softies. Acclimate slowly and you'll be fine. Constant alk swings are what cause problems.
 
One alk change from low to high(er) really isn't a big deal even for SPS. Even less for LPS and softies. Acclimate slowly and you'll be fine. Constant alk swings are what cause problems.

I tracked my alk over 4 hours intervals and didn’t notice any major swings
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new