Acclimating Monti

spamvicious

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
226
Location
Yorkshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a piece of what I think it plating montipora from my lfs and I have the bag in my tank floating. However I tested the water in the bag and it’s showing 1.029 salinity. I run my at 1.025 so how do I proceed?. Do I gradually add water from my tank to the bag over a couple of hours?.
 
Same here I never tested the salinity, I just float the bag and add the coral straight up.

Now you have the problem to figure out if your device is wrong, or if the sellers device was wrong.
 
Same here I never tested the salinity, I just float the bag and add the coral straight up.

Now you have the problem to figure out if your device is wrong, or if the sellers device was wrong.
I tested my tank and the water in the bag before adding any. I’m guessing they just ran it high in their frag tank.
 
Probably ran high in the fresh tank for that added alkalinity
 
Added the monti and we shall see how it goes. Not bad for £7
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4697.jpeg
    IMG_4697.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 40

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new