Acclimating several corals.

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an order of 8 frags. All are in their own bag with just barely enough water. How should I go about acclimating them?

I was going to combine all bags/water into one bowl and drip acclimate them all at once. Followed by dip and QT.

My only concern would be different salinities of each bag.

Safe?

OP
OP
M

Mindblock769

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What coral types?
All different kinds lol
1633472370406.png

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to combine all bags/water into one bowl and drip acclimate them all at once. Followed by dip and QT.
Did you contact the Seller? Sellers are pretty good about making you happy ONLY IF YOU CONTACT THEM WITHIN 4HRS OF DELIVERY. past that they have no idea what you've done with them.

In situations like this you always upon discovery start taking time stamped photos and hit up their email hard.

As far as your acclimation above, sounds good. Just match SG and temp

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an order of 8 frags. All are in their own bag with just barely enough water. How should I go about acclimating them?

My only concern would be different salinities of each bag.

Safe?

How long were they in transit?

I would probably assume they came from similar conditions, and them put them into the same bucket with their water and a drop of prime.

I would then dip with the water they came with, preserving enough water so that I could then acclimate in terms of Alk, and Salinity.

After acclimating and matching salinity and Alk do whatever you like in terms of QT.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back