Acclimation Ammonia Confusion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mariette
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Bringing this back up hopefully someone can help but what should one do when the salinity doesn’t match? I just got a fish at 1.018 and I run my tank at 1.026

My plan is to make new water at the same temp and salinity as the incoming water and immediately dump the fish (not any of the incoming water). Then you can adjust it in temp and salinity slowly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new