Acclimation g5s

  • Thread starter Thread starter DTz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DTz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
405
Reaction score
101
Location
malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do u guys run 30days of acclimation on ur g5s? i did not and set it at 70% intensity ab+ for 6 days and my corals is losing PE n some got white tips.
 
I ran the 30 day acclimation. Started at 50% intensity up to 65% over 30 days. After the 30 days I started at 65% and I’m going to 80%. I just rented a par meter last week. I’ve lost more coral from to much light than anything. I learned that the hard way with my old AP700s. I wasn’t making the same mistake changing to the G5s. They are very powerful. Take it slow.
 
Does it matter whether you run with schedule intensity or point intensity <100% for the acclimation period? I don't think it does, but maybe I'm missing something.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new