Acclimation mode and unhappy zoas

katsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a second light as my zoas have been stretching/closed for quite some time. Another frag of zoas has been happy under the single light so I am assuming that my rock full of them will begin to be happier now that there is a second light much closer. I currently have acclimation mode 50% for a few weeks. My two questions:

1. I added a second light so my unhappy stretched zoas could go back to normal. How long could I expect that to take?

2. Will running acclimation mode upset my zoas further since they were already unhappy?

008BE818-225F-4E33-BF4A-E72C9AF9D787.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I’ll change the acclimation right now
I've had colonies stay semi-closed (or even closed) for weeks because they weren't happy with the lighting, so if they were stretching for light at some point they may take a while to "bounce" back. Just keep doing everything (water testing, changes, coral feeding, etc.) and they'll usually come around fairly quickly.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa's will be Zoa's,shockingly lol. I had a frag of Hyper Jubilee's stay closed for I think it was 8 months. Started out as single polyp but still grew to about 8-10 polyps lol then melted.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back