Acclimation

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some sps (acro frag) and lps coming from aquasd, I have few question about Acclimation:
1. Do I have to acclimate each frags separatedly, because I have about 7-8 frag of sps and lps (assuming they are all come from different tank in Aquasd)?
2. Acclimation of light: Can I do 5days acclimation from Kessil controller acclimate mode? Or should I go for more days?
3. What type of acclimation you usually do with sps? Dripping?

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW I just bought some sps corals (among others) from the same place about a month ago and all I did was match the temperature by floating the bags for awhile and then dropped the corals in. No problem. As far as the lighting goes just start them off on the bottom and then move them towards the top over a couple weeks or so. (if need be) GL.

Last edited:

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i dont aclimate corals , normally i leave the bag in the tank too match temp then i dip them and add them too the tank , i Will place all on the sand bed for a week or so then start moving them around and place them .. but thats just my method ...
Mack

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquasd told me that their Alk is 7.7 which is about 1.5 lower than my tank? Do I have to worry about that? Will I stress the coral if add into tank without acclimating?

Back