Achilles tips and tricks

  • Thread starter Thread starter ke1023610
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ke1023610

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2022
Messages
221
Reaction score
112
Location
LA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want an Achilles tang for my tank, been wanting one for so long. I’m doing so much research before purchasing one of course does anybody have some tips or tricks for a successful Achilles intro to my tank? From qt procedure to in-tank procedure etc. all your messages will be greatly appreciated thanks.
 
Strong water flow is their preferred habitat. I don't know what size your tank is but suggest a minimum of 180gal. They grow to about 9". Beautiful fish but prone to ich
 
I want an Achilles tang for my tank, been wanting one for so long. I’m doing so much research before purchasing one of course does anybody have some tips or tricks for a successful Achilles intro to my tank? From qt procedure to in-tank procedure etc. all your messages will be greatly appreciated thanks.
Last fish to enter the system, a minimum of 180g.
Once settled, will be risky to add others.
 
Are you buying this online or at the LFS? If it's the latter, post up for 20 minutes or so and see how the fish behaves. Watch a movie so to say. If it's flashing, scratching, flushed with color, not eating etc it might not be a good buy. In other words no shotgun buys. Not saying you can't have one, just take your time with the decision. Patience is key. GL.

How big is the tank BTW?
 
Are you buying this online or at the LFS? If it's the latter, post up for 20 minutes or so and see how the fish behaves. Watch a movie so to say. If it's flashing, scratching, flushed with color, not eating etc it might not be a good buy. In other words no shotgun buys. Not saying you can't have one, just take your time with the decision. Patience is key. GL.

How big is the tank BTW?
Oh yeah 100% but unfortunately lfs don’t usually have them in stock it has to be a special order but once I see one at the store I’ll watch them closely thanks
 
Strong water flow is their preferred habitat. I don't know what size your tank is but suggest a minimum of 180gal. They grow to about 9". Beautiful fish but prone to ich
I have a 6’x4’ lagoon tank
Strong water flow is their preferred habitat. I don't know what size your tank is but suggest a minimum of 180gal. They grow to about 9". Beautiful fish but prone to ich
6’x4’x20” ≈ 200+
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new