OP
OP
rs1831

rs1831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, I am not sure. He definitely looked like he had white spots but it seemed like sand and it did not always appear to be that way. I had a sand sifting fish so there was always sand floating around so I assumed it was that. He did not have that look today in qt but I did a freshwater dip last night so that could explain it. The more I read about it, the less I feel it is brook. Velvet seems unlikely because the appearance of sand on the fish has been going on for about 4 weeks and he seemed fine up until 3-4 days ago where he did not seem interested in food and was hiding. I have 3 other fish in qt with this tang and they seem fine. 2 clownfish and a yellow tang. All 4 just finished the bath and are in a new qt. Velvet seems like it would have affected them as well.

I have copper safe on hand and metro coming tomorrow and then prazi coming on Thursday. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have copper safe on hand and metro coming tomorrow and then prazi coming on Thursday. Do you have any suggestions?

Since you already have him in QT, I would treat with Coppersafe for 30 days and metro for 1 week. You can combine them. That will cover all external parasites. After that do 2 rounds of Prazipro, spaced 5-7 days apart, in order to deworm.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back