Acro Burn or Bite?

LongBeachReefer562

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm new to SPS and ran into an issue with the 2 acros I've had for 3 months now. Everything was fine up until last week, one became completely stripped a couple days ago and now this one is quickly following.

I had a doser go haywire (contained Tropic Marin all for reef) about 6 weeks back but caught it a couple hours in, did a huge water change and everything seemed fine afterwards.

I'm wondering if this is just a late reaction to overdose or if I have some type of pest. I did a dip in seachem reefdip and could not find anything out of the norm. Or perhaps my peppermint shrimp changed feeding habits? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Clownfish
Yellow Tang
Peppermint shrimp

IM 25 EXT
Lights: T5 Aquatic life
Kessil A80
ReefBrite Strip

Alk 8.5
CA 430-440
MG 1370
PO4 0
Nit 2-5

IMG_7568.jpg IMG_7569.jpg

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like tissue recession. I believe that is a seriatopora. The doser mishap would be where i would point my finger.

OP
OP
LongBeachReefer562

LongBeachReefer562

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like tissue recession. I believe that is a seriatopora. The doser mishap would be where i would point my finger.
Thanks Gareth. Just making sure you were paying attention...you passed :)

Yeah the other SPS was forsure an acro (orange w/ yellow tip) and the one in the pic is birdsnest like you had mentioned.

Is there any harm in leaving in the tank to see if it'll recover or is toast at this point and should be removed?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Gareth. Just making sure you were paying attention...you passed :)

Yeah the other SPS was forsure an acro (orange w/ yellow tip) and the one in the pic is birdsnest like you had mentioned.

Is there any harm in leaving in the tank to see if it'll recover or is toast at this point and should be removed?
No need to remove, can leave without affecting other corals in the tank.

Back