OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you get the bubble algae before it kills the frag and the aptasia. I think once it's grown out things will look more normal.

Haha yes the aptasia has put a hurting on some of my acros. It's almost completely gone now. The berghia have done a great job. I'm about to work on the bubble algae. I'll be taking that project on soon

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Haha yes the aptasia has put a hurting on some of my acros. It's almost completely gone now. The berghia have done a great job. I'm about to work on the bubble algae. I'll be taking that project on soon

Although they can be a nuisance (sometimes not), try a couple of small Emerald crabs who feed on bubble. You DO NOT want to pop the bubbles as they contain spores which will harvest New bubbles.

OP
OP
Fishfinder

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although they can be a nuisance (sometimes not), try a couple of small Emerald crabs who feed on bubble. You DO NOT want to pop the bubbles as they contain spores which will harvest New bubbles.

Ya I haven't decided on my plan of attack. I follow @Rakie and he seems to have got good control of his. I may go that route. What problems do people have with emeralds?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ya I haven't decided on my plan of attack. I follow @Rakie and he seems to have got good control of his. I may go that route. What problems do people have with emeralds?
Emeralds may stop with bubble algae and pick at zoas or annoy other corals. MAY annoy is key word.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah bubble algae blew up in my tank and made it's way into sps coral colonies killing them from the inside. Birdsnest were the worst affected but even acros were irritated by the bubbles and slowly taken over from the bases. It can get out of hand quick in certain situations. Even if your not popping the bubbles and releasing spores.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back