Acro corallite structure

Make sure you get the bubble algae before it kills the frag and the aptasia. I think once it's grown out things will look more normal.


Haha yes the aptasia has put a hurting on some of my acros. It's almost completely gone now. The berghia have done a great job. I'm about to work on the bubble algae. I'll be taking that project on soon
 
Haha yes the aptasia has put a hurting on some of my acros. It's almost completely gone now. The berghia have done a great job. I'm about to work on the bubble algae. I'll be taking that project on soon

Although they can be a nuisance (sometimes not), try a couple of small Emerald crabs who feed on bubble. You DO NOT want to pop the bubbles as they contain spores which will harvest New bubbles.
 
Although they can be a nuisance (sometimes not), try a couple of small Emerald crabs who feed on bubble. You DO NOT want to pop the bubbles as they contain spores which will harvest New bubbles.

Ya I haven't decided on my plan of attack. I follow @Rakie and he seems to have got good control of his. I may go that route. What problems do people have with emeralds?
 
Ya I haven't decided on my plan of attack. I follow @Rakie and he seems to have got good control of his. I may go that route. What problems do people have with emeralds?
Emeralds may stop with bubble algae and pick at zoas or annoy other corals. MAY annoy is key word.
 
Yeah bubble algae blew up in my tank and made it's way into sps coral colonies killing them from the inside. Birdsnest were the worst affected but even acros were irritated by the bubbles and slowly taken over from the bases. It can get out of hand quick in certain situations. Even if your not popping the bubbles and releasing spores.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new