Acro corallite structure

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2017
Messages
3,925
Reaction score
4,544
Location
Melbourne, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an acro. It is encrusting well, with some upward growth. But it has a very odd, unique, maybe disformed corallite structure. The mature radial corallite aren't round or cup shaped. They form a very sharp point. They are sharply pointed with a small bulb or ball at the tip. Has anyone ever seen this? I'll will provide pics later. Hopefully my phone can get close enough
 
Not great pics but you can see the pointed sides of the coralites.

IMG_2802.JPG
IMG_2803.JPG
 
It looks like tips on a BTA!
 
Looks like growth tips.... a sign of growth
 
Make sure you get the bubble algae before it kills the frag and the aptasia. I think once it's grown out things will look more normal.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new