Acro Crabs...Love em or Hate em?

BaliReefBox

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2022
Messages
845
Reaction score
745
Location
Bali
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI all
Do any of you keep the small white acro crabs that inevitablity come with SPS's. Im in 2 minds what to do with them when I go through the dip process. If they are genuine Acros I am guessing they are prob oki. Howver I have read that baby Gorillas hide out and disguise themselves when they are small..thoughts??
 
Good question :)
 
To my understanding, true acro crabs are actually beneficial to the coral (so I'd keep any you may end up with) - I've heard of the gorilla crabs imitating acro crabs, but I'd imagine you should be able to figure out which you have either by sight/ID, or by if the colony starts going downhill (but I don't know for sure).
 
You mean this guy?
 

Attachments

  • 20220905_202104.jpg
    20220905_202104.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 77

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new