Acro help (growth or sick)

4n2xtacy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my tank officially became a mixed reef tank like I've always wanted after I added this Ancropora and a stylophora about 2weeks ago. Anyway yesterday I just saw this white spot on the edge of two of the polyps. At first I thought it was a stain from the sand cos he was still acclimating on the sand bed so I tried to dust it off but it wouldn't come off so I tried to clean it off by picking off the speckle when I realised it's part of the baby's skin... now I'm worried is this a sign of growth or is my baby sick? Below is a picture of the acro. As a bonus does anyone know what specific acro this is? My LFS just said acro and when I tried to research there's a whole bunch with this color...lol. thanks for your help.
ddccf407ff613cee4f70591bacd9d654.jpg
9dae0d553d2e6ea0d9ce4c6f501f272a.jpg

Joe Batt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s too small to tell, but doesn’t look like typical growth. At the moment don’t panic and see what happens, its the tiniest dot at the moment.

Polyps are out on the rest of it which is a good sign.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be the skeleton showing thru. I wouldn't worry, even if it was: a healthy specimen will grow new tissue over that spot in no time.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back