Acro ID help

Dukeblue13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all picked this acro up the other day but the place I got it from wasn’t sure what the name of it was. Any ideas? Sorry my lights are starting to fade for night time.

IMG_7071.jpeg
IMG_7072.jpeg

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are these better?
Yes, those are much better, but really hard to tell at this point. From the blue base and green moving upward, it reminds me of something similar to the ORA Joe the coral or ORA Voodoo. It's almkst impossible to tell until it gets some size on it.

OP
OP
Dukeblue13

Dukeblue13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, those are much better, but really hard to tell at this point. From the blue base and green moving upward, it reminds me of something similar to the ORA Joe the coral or ORA Voodoo. It's almkst impossible to tell until it gets some size on it.
Thank you for trying let’s see what we get

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The majority of Acropora don’t have specific nicknames and an idea of what the species is, conditions that it might prefer and getting an idea of the growth pattern so you can place it where you think is best for it and so you can enjoy it too. From the big disc that was used, it was probably a Maricultured Coral they fragged the bejesus out of and that’s why the tips look awful. Good news is that Maricultured Acropora have good, sometimes great color, so I bet it turns out very nice. Remember that many kinds of corals like Montipora and Acropora will grow flat and wide plates that stack up or grow more like a punch bowl, that means if you place it too high, you’ll be looking at the dark underside of some corals instead of all the color and they can create dark, shaded areas underneath themselves. I will try to find the species and a Maricultured Acro I think it will look like eventually.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back