Acro ID?

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably a long shot, but I have been struggling going through my records to find out what the proper name of this coral is. I believe its a strawberry shortcake of some kind.

51010529077_bbcc2dee8d_c.jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely is! That's why I've been trying to figure out the name... One of my favorites.
I have a similar frustration where I have these old beautiful colonies and no idea what they are nor who I bought them from. I've gotten a bit better, but only in recent couple years. Compounding my lack of documentation, these older things got around and were renamed over and over.

OP
OP
ccurnick

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar frustration where I have these old beautiful colonies and no idea what they are nor who I bought them from. I've gotten a bit better, but only in recent couple years. Compounding my lack of documentation, these older things got around and were renamed over and over.
Yeah its a struggle.... I have a spreadsheet of coral names with photos, but there's 2 or 3 that I am still trying to figure out.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG-4778.JPG
Yeah its a struggle.... I have a spreadsheet of coral names with photos, but there's 2 or 3 that I am still trying to figure out.
You are in better shape than me. I might have a dozen colonies that look good, but have no idea on brand names. I did manage to get scientific names on a few. Examples:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back