Acro Not Growing Uniformly

  • Thread starter Thread starter AquaScott
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AquaScott

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
122
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, One of my larger acroporas seems to grow real well over most of it. However, over part of it, it's not growing quite as well. Is this a lighting issue? I recently added another light so now it has a light basically right over it. Should I expect a full comeback? It's the bigger purple one on the right side of the tank.

20191209_193634.jpg 20191126_184658.jpg 15759494880357540019955962587382.jpg
 
I would say it’s more likely flow than light. I wouldn’t worry about it - your tank and the corals in it all looks great and healthy. It’s normal for corals to show different growth forms under different conditions and it’s such a large colony that one side is subjected to different conditions than the other. Neither is wrong, just different.
 
Perhaps corals are like mood slime and need to be yelled at.
2D9EB989-1013-4463-9C7E-D9DB3CFD0D50.gif

Excuse to say your tank looks great :)
 
I would say it’s more likely flow than light. I wouldn’t worry about it - your tank and the corals in it all looks great and healthy. It’s normal for corals to show different growth forms under different conditions and it’s such a large colony that one side is subjected to different conditions than the other. Neither is wrong, just different.
That's good to hear. Thanks for the reply. I will do my best to even things out, but won'tchange too much. Love the lobsterofjustice handle. :) hahaha!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new