Acro polyps all gone but still growing?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an acro where it seems like my polyps are completely gone but the acro is still colorful and growing. But where as some of my other acros have polyps that extend slightly, I can still see them. Here they’re just completely gone.

Will look tonight when lights are off but figured I’d ask. It’s growing well and no issues but looks odd
IMG_6243.jpeg
IMG_6242.jpeg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have an acro where it seems like my polyps are completely gone but the acro is still colorful and growing. But where as some of my other acros have polyps that extend slightly, I can still see them. Here they’re just completely gone.

Will look tonight when lights are off but figured I’d ask. It’s growing well and no issues but looks odd
IMG_6243.jpeg
IMG_6242.jpeg
Do you have any angels? I’ve read (I have no personal experience) that if they nip the SPS will hide polyps all day and only extend to feed at night. Same holds true for any fish that would nip at acros including clown gobies.

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have any angels? I’ve read (I have no personal experience) that if they nip the SPS will hide polyps all day and only extend to feed at night. Same holds true for any fish that would nip at acros including clown gobies.
Nope! 2 clowns and a kole tooth tang only

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just this do from time to time. Several of my sps have no polyos but are growing insane. Same with my cyphastrea. Massive growth no polyps. Some believe they only extend polyos if they are hungry. So must mean yours is well fed

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back