Acro spiders

Acroporaaddict

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
792
Reaction score
450
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got out of the hobby 4 years ago after getting aefws, didnt have time to deal with them and decided to call it quits. Decided to setup a tank a few months ago and picked up three frags today from a well know LFS. Dipped them in RedSea DipX and found two spiders. Never dealt with them before but not taking any chances, tossed the frags.

Questions
1. Should i let the LFS know? I dont want a refund. It was my decision to throw them out. Not taking any chances

2. Whats the best dipping procedure now? I live in a small apartment so quarantine tank isnt an option. I was going to dip, re glue to a new plug (if no pests) then watch on a frag rack for a few weeks before i mounted to the rockwork.
 
I got out of the hobby 4 years ago after getting aefws, didnt have time to deal with them and decided to call it quits. Decided to setup a tank a few months ago and picked up three frags today from a well know LFS. Dipped them in RedSea DipX and found two spiders. Never dealt with them before but not taking any chances, tossed the frags.

Questions
1. Should i let the LFS know? I dont want a refund. It was my decision to throw them out. Not taking any chances

2. Whats the best dipping procedure now? I live in a small apartment so quarantine tank isnt an option. I was going to dip, re glue to a new plug (if no pests) then watch on a frag rack for a few weeks before i mounted to the rockwork.
I would let the LFS know, Also Polo reef just found some spiders, there Vet tech said not necessarily a bad thing, unless you have the Zoa eating ones
Also I use Professor Polyps from @ReefLegends
https://rlutah.com/products/professor-polyp-bubble-bath-coral-dip
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new