OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve tried the oyster fest off and on. Not steady enough to say if it helped at all

Thats the thing with a lot of these things. I dose acropower and coral amino. I think they help but am I sure? Not really. I think more than anything they help to raise nutrients in cleaner systems and in response improves colors.

I have heard some people rave about oyster feast, might be worth a try. Maybe I’ll post some updates and results here.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Nutrition I would love to hear your take on dosing your Oyster Feast in SPS dominant systems. I am considering giving it a few month trial.

Happy to hear you want to give Oyster-Feast a go. It's our most popular food for SPS corals and many other inverts. We recommend 1 TSP per 100 gallons per day at first. You can increase the dose over time as your animals adjust to the food. We have a number of coral farms, stores, hobbyists, and public aquariums that feed this to their corals. In fact, the Florida Aquarium feeds it to the corals that they are spawning in captivity! @Budman's Corals uses it and may have time to chime in.

Oyster-Feast has a 9 month best by date which is a good time frame for you to play with the food and see what dose works best. It is commonly found at local fish stores that carry Reef Nutrition. https://reefnutrition.com/products/oysterfeast

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to message me. I really appreciate chatting with you about this. Thanks for your time.

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy to hear you want to give Oyster-Feast a go. It's our most popular food for SPS corals and many other inverts. We recommend 1 TSP per 100 gallons per day at first. You can increase the dose over time as your animals adjust to the food. We have a number of coral farms, stores, hobbyists, and public aquariums that feed this to their corals. In fact, the Florida Aquarium feeds it to the corals that they are spawning in captivity! @Budman's Corals uses it and may have time to chime in.

Oyster-Feast has a 9 month best by date which is a good time frame for you to play with the food and see what dose works best. It is commonly found at local fish stores that carry Reef Nutrition. https://reefnutrition.com/products/oysterfeast

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to message me. I really appreciate chatting with you about this. Thanks for your time.

Best,
Chad

Thanks for responding Chad. I think I'll be giving it a shot. Will update on this thread.

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Couple TSA pieces and a poor abandoned frag lol.

This one started as small encrustment. It is growing well now.
TSA Optimus Prime:
TSA_Optimus_Prime-8127.jpg

This is a crowd favorite. Really is a must have piece for an SPS tank. Looks great in full daylight and is a pretty great grower. This colony just constantly gets cut as people always want a frag of it.
TSA Bill Murray:
TSA_Bill_Murray-8094.jpg

This Frag was part of a Pack that buyer flaked out on.
RR Event Horizon:
RR_Event_Horizon-8047-2.jpg

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Colony shot time. I have in the past said that Pikachu and RR Pink Floyd were the same coral. I've decidedly changed my mind. I have a colony of each growing in the same tank about 12 inches from each other.
My conclusion Pink Floyd has more negative (white area), has pink polyps and less bold yellow. Pikachu has deeper yellow but polyps are not as WOW. Do you guys agree with this?

Here ya go:
Pikachu:
TCK_Pikachu_Mother.jpg

Pink Floyd:
RR_Pink_Floyd_Mother.jpg

and here is a fun close up PF shot I took:
Pink_Flod_Closeup-8146.jpg

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for sharing. I started using oyster feast a couple months ago and there is no doubt my acros like it. I spot feed it about every 4th day.
Awesome. Thanks for responding.
I went to buy some from their site, but the shipping was cost prohibitive. I'm trying to get my LFS to get it in stock to give a shot. I'll update on this thread.

OP
OP
OnPointCorals

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great pics. What are you using to take pictures?
Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

I have a Canon T6i body. The wider pics I am using a Tamron 60mm Macro and the closer pics I have the Canon 100mm Professional Macro. That lens is way too expenses but may just be worth it.
I shoot in RAW then adjust to what my eyes see in Lightroom.

Hopefully as this thread goes on my pics will continue to improve.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use reef nutrition Oyster Feast? Any feedback? Do you think it is beneficial for SPS? I honestly am still not clear if SPS (specifically Acros) Feed on any of these coral foods.
I tried it but it is so darn expensive. $45 for the bottle and $25 shipping to send it 20 minutes north.Also, it really seemed to jack up my phosphate level. I asked Chad at reef nutrition how much phosphate their product added and couldnt get an answer. I am just making my own coral "food" for a while.
Cheers! Mark

Back