• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Acropora Cervicornis Ornament

kenneking

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
101
Reaction score
61
Location
Wilmington NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Everyone,

During my masters I had created some 3D models of Caribbean Acroporids. I decided this year to make some of the models into Ornaments for gifts to my advisor and lab mates. I wanted to see if there was any interest on here. I 3D print them using a wood composite material (Biodegradable PLA and wood dust) that makes a beautiful ornament with the option of staining if desired. They are about 4in x 4in x 6.5in in size. If you are interested, let me know and I can make some more up for people on here! I would probably sell them for $12 each plus shipping.

IMG_1679.jpg
IMG_1680.jpg
 
This is pretty cool, looks very realistic with the polyp protrusions and all.
 
Thanks everyone! I made them for educational outreach, so I was going for as much detail as possible from the scans.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new