Acropora ID deep or not deep

LoicReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2021
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Location
Belgique
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello there, I received a new acropora for my birthday, but I don't know what it is...
Someone hace a idea ?


339076360_625572858997807_2292907569244342668_n.jpg
..
 
I think is a speciosa no ?
 
I can see it being a speciosa but do they encrust that much with that many coralites and branches? Also I see elongated polyps which isn’t an Identifying factor technically and not sure if speciosa have them as well. This is one I have yet to keep personally. Looking on aims it’s crazy how close to Microlados some of those colonies are!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new