Acropora ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WetSleeve
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WetSleeve

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2018
Messages
34
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellas, forgot the name of this acro…was a named piece and it’s completely slipped my mind..it’s not a red planet..any input?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9693.MOV
    41 MB
I had to download the video. It was worth it! Good luck on id.
Thanks man, yeah it’s a good looking piece..names start getting hard to remember when you have 100+ different pieces
 
Seriously though, that's an awesome piece. I wanna know what it is just so I can find more!
 
Seriously though, that's an awesome piece. I wanna know what it is just so I can find more!
I’d be happy to share, but it’s currently -30c in Ontario, Canada.

it probably wouldn’t look so good after shipping in these conditions
 
Would be one cool looking popsicle!
Some sort of milli or spath?
 
Did they say Atlantis Christmas Mirabilis? For a while, every red and green tabling type acro was called a Xmas Mirabilis even if they were not.
 
Did they say Atlantis Christmas Mirabilis? For a while, every red and green tabling type acro was called a Xmas Mirabilis even if they were not.
No, it didn’t.
I’ve had this piece for over a year, was just a tiny little 1” frag when I got it..just driving me crazy getting an ID on it.
It’s not that I care about the value of names acros, but I’ve been buying duplicate frags lately of pieces I’ve already got
 
Radial corallite arrangement and their wall thickness remind me of A. anthocercis.

Anyway to see a close up of the new growth rim/ new branchlets?

Nice piece btw
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new