Acropora pink spathoulata

antegeia7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team.

New to the sea water. Excited, have been building my 250l over the last 2 month's. I currently have 2 clowns, 1 coral beauty 2 lps, 1 hammers, a few frags another hamer and just bought my first ever sps.
A complete beauty. I know it is too early for me but honestly I could resist seeing this magical thing.
I afterwards though read that this is am o must the most difficult sps to maintain. Any advice guys?
Particuraly: how close to the surface and light it must be? Anyone knows optimal schedule for a Aiprime Mon HD?

Please see my beauty and I take great pleasure tonpresemt my new reef. 1

20190907_151341.jpg 20190907_151700.jpg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck, I love spaths and the only one I have is now super bright green and finally growing. It took 7 months of doing almost nothing. Wild spaths can be very difficult to keep alive, and I've lost a couple wild colonies before. I hope you the best with your new tank and that spath.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right, this is a very difficult coral. They seem to do best under lots of daylight or 10k light. They can live and grow under others, but they tend to go greener than their original color. I have a few and although they all live and grow, they end up being green, blue and purple - I would expect this one to be brown and green with colorful tips.

Top keep it that color, you will likely need massive amount of PAR in the 6500 to 10k range under a massive amount of T5s or a metal halide.

If you lose this one, or it goes brown/green, do not take it personally... lots of really good reefers struggle with these.

OP
OP
antegeia7

antegeia7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers.
So she's two weeks i n my tank and she's doing ok.
And have not optimised my prim Ai yet. Still at 50%
Thoughts?
Here s how she looks today

2019-09-22 12.24.27.jpg 20190922_122515.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job so far! I would wait to change lighting when you see the spath start to adjust to the tank and change color to a darker color. But I do know some that just blast new wild pieces with lots of led light but I am not sure how the succeed in doing this without shocking it more.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back