Acropora Reefer 170

ybotlang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.
I have a red sea reefer 170 which has only had SPS since I got my hands on it 2.5 years ago. Had a big crash this summer as the return pump failed when I was away. Now rebooting it with only acros and the occasional monti where there is a lack of light. Currently have about 10 or so frags and 2 colonies which house a total of 3 acro crabs. Looking to upgrade soon as my regal is getting too big, the tank has lots of flow so he is still happy.
Parameters:
Alk: 7.5
Ca: 440
Mg: 1350
NO3: 0.1
Po4: Undetectable Trying to increase these 2 values with more fish but the coral beauty is too aggressive to put anything else in.

The 2 photos attached are with daylight settings and the blues only in the evening.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Any questions, feel free to ask.

OP
OP
Y

ybotlang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE,looks great ;) :)

Thank you very much, just waiting for all the frags to fill in for now.

what kind of starfish is that? I don't think I've seen it before.

I think he is some sort of tile starfish, picked him up from a local reefer who was shutting his tank down. He has been in captivity for over 3 years I think. The species name is Fromia monilis if you want to take a look.

OP
OP
Y

ybotlang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the rarest colours of acroporas and types of it?

I'm thinking of buying one but the price ranges are very different and i can't find anything about the most desired colours of acroporas

I'm not too sure about the rarest colours, I think all the high end acros are colour blends instead of just one colour. I'm not too into the high end acros as the frags are just way too much money for me. The most expensive frag I have in this tank is £35 because it is a yellow/orange/red millie. Do you have any sps already?

andrecr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too sure about the rarest colours, I think all the high end acros are colour blends instead of just one colour. I'm not too into the high end acros as the frags are just way too much money for me. The most expensive frag I have in this tank is £35 because it is a yellow/orange/red millie. Do you have any sps already?

Yes! I'm kinda new to the hobby (2 months in reefing) but I've been loving and living it so much that it feels like a lifetime :) I have a 100 lt aquarium (aprox 30 gallon) and with my research (youtube,podcast and reading a lot) I've decides that I prefer to buy 1 very good coral than 3 or 4 cheaper and I've been investing mainly in LPS SPS and anemone. I'm crazy over torches so I bought a Aussie Golden Torch and a multicolour tip (blue and pink) torch, A green euphylia and a rose euphylia, bleeding apple scholy, red trachy, a fungia and a double colour acan (diferent colored heads some are red and some are green) ,a rose bulb anemone and yesterday I got a white anemone wich i still don't know much about but is simply gorgeous!
What about you mate?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes! I'm kinda new to the hobby (2 months in reefing) but I've been loving and living it so much that it feels like a lifetime :) I have a 100 lt aquarium (aprox 30 gallon) and with my research (youtube,podcast and reading a lot) I've decides that I prefer to buy 1 very good coral than 3 or 4 cheaper and I've been investing mainly in LPS SPS and anemone. I'm crazy over torches so I bought a Aussie Golden Torch and a multicolour tip (blue and pink) torch, A green euphylia and a rose euphylia, bleeding apple scholy, red trachy, a fungia and a double colour acan (diferent colored heads some are red and some are green) ,a rose bulb anemone and yesterday I got a white anemone wich i still don't know much about but is simply gorgeous!
What about you mate?
hi,sounds like a pretty full tank there,sorry to hijack @ybotlang ,do you have pics? @andrecr

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
stunning!!! need to start your own build thread:cool:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will do the thread mates! Thanks for your compliments!
Do you guys know what type of anemone is the white and blue? I'm having trouble finding information about it!
why don't you start your build ,get a badge,tag me there ,i do not know on nem ,but can tag others to it :cool:

OP
OP
Y

ybotlang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got no new corals but picked up a new clown to pair up and a firefish as I now have a net covering. Hopefully these new fish will help push my nutrients up and failing that I will need to dose. I have some random STN on a couple of my sps which I guess is nutrient and light related. Anyway here are some photos from today.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back