Acropower How much/when you dose

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the title states I am just wondering how much you dose based on tank size and how many of each type of coral you have. Also when do you dose it. Do you dose it so you can feed corals after?

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it sparingly and combine it with "Reef Snow" to act as a binder.
Overdosing can cause Cyano outbreaks. Start with half the recommended dosage depending on how stocked your tank is.
As for feeding corals, I almost never feed. The exception being things like Lobophellia, Acan Lords. Those I spot feed with some regularity with something meaty like individual mysis.
My corals grow like weeds. I find that keeping ALK and CA in line and generally stable parameters are your best bet for success

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 3ml a day on a hundred gallon tank

Just started after hearing the triton talk at Rap so far I can't say I have seen a difference it's been three days.

I'm tagging along to see as well as a google search proved nothing for me to go by

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw, and my experience is ancedotal, but my tank definitely took a turn for the better when using Acropower. Growth increased exponentially, and colors were better as was pollyp extension. I have been using it for the last few years with great success.

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me growth did take off some, started it and then Alk plummeted 2 weeks later...:( which is a good thing just me with life getting in the way (wedding, work...) I didn't test my tank for a couple of weeks after I started it... 3ml every other day on 50 gal volume. So watch your alk after starting...

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im up to 4ml a day on my 50g cube. Before dosing had pale colors...now they are starting to push through

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a champion 75 using it religiously a few years back. At 5ml 3-4 days per week. Alk will drop when the growth kicks in. It was the only additive I used and did so because nutrients were chronically low.
This is a pic of my 75 on Feb.14 2014 and Feb 14 2015. No corals were added only moved around

Screenshot_20170703-201939.png

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice. what is the coral in the front in the second picture. looks like a staghorn of somesort.

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. what is the coral in the front in the second picture. looks like a staghorn of somesort.
Yes it is a stag. You can see it in pic 1 directly behind the clowns tail.
-I would dose Acropower after lights out since the corals polyps are out so more surface area for absorption. No data on if this is true, but it's what I did.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is a stag. You can see it in pic 1 directly behind the clowns tail.
-I would dose Acropower after lights out since the corals polyps are out so more surface area for absorption. No data on if this is true, but it's what I did.
There was an article I just read that claimed it is better to feed food and amino acids while the lights are on. I forget where I read it but I'm sure a quick google search will find it.

I'm also one of the few I guess that when lights go out the sps polops go away. My pe during the day is insane but at night nothing so that's why I do everything during the day.

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm also one of the few I guess that when lights go out the sps polops go away. My pe during the day is insane but at night nothing so that's why I do everything during the day.
Same here. Every time I checked for polyps at night they were closed up, even in the early hours around 4am. I now feed as close to lights out as possible cause we all like going to be with full stomachs. No way for me to tell is Acro power is helping but my corals are happy and growing so I'm continuing with it.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. Every time I checked for polyps at night they were closed up, even in the early hours around 4am. I now feed as close to lights out as possible cause we all like going to be with full stomachs. No way for me to tell is Acro power is helping but my corals are happy and growing so I'm continuing with it.
Yea the only reason I can think of is how I feed my tank

brief rundown

So I feed my fish pellet food (pe mysis) mixed with coral food and neptunes food five times a day from 9 am till 9pm with my Neptune afs.

I feed a pinch (close to a gram) of live black worms at 6 am when I leave for work. Then I feed them at 5 and 7 pm after work.

Dose 3ml of acropower at 6 pm

And then feed 3 grams of lrs reef and herbivore frenzy mixed with some blood worms and some more black worms.

On occasion I also feed ghost shrimp and live mysis.

Lights are on from noon to ten pm

I beleive all the feeding during the day makes the sps polops come out and sway. But when this lights go out it's amazing how fast the pe goes away.

As far as acropower this is almost a full week of doseing 3ml a day and I can't say anything has changed for certain. But my Oregon tort seems to have grown a little bit in my eyes.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back