Octo Cup™ - Waterbox, Red Sea, 4”, Eshopps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
octo-cup01.jpg

octo-cup-eshopps-white01.jpg

Say NO to socks and Tupperware® in your tank!

Filter socks are so last year… these filter cups are all the rage! The Octo Cup™ is designed to work with most popular sump configurations and is made of clear, 1/8″ acrylic. All cups are priced individually.

Available for:

Standard 4″ – Tube is 3” diameter and approx. 6” tall. Acrylic clip included to suspend bagged media off the bottom holes.

Waterbox 2.75” – Introducing the world’s FIRST filter cup for small Waterbox tanks!! This will fit the Marine, AIO and Cube models. The tube itself is 2.25″ O.D. and available in 6" or 10" tall. Acrylic clip included to suspend bagged media off the bottom holes.

Red Sea – Tube is 3” diameter and approx. 6” tall. Acrylic clip included to suspend bagged media off the bottom holes.

Eshopps – Introducing the world’s FIRST filter cup for Eshopps sumps that use rectangular filter socks! My Eshopps cups will fit in the (approx.) 4″ x 6.5″ spaces in your Eshopps sump, 4” tall. *** PLEASE BE AWARE THE OPENING ON THE SUMP NEEDS TO BE AT LEAST 7" x 4.5" AND NEED ENOUGH CLEARANCE TO DROP STRAIGHT INTO YOUR SUMP. THESE ARE RIGID ACRYLIC AND CANNOT BE MANIPULATED IF THE OPENING IS TOO SMALL!! ***

octo-cup02.jpg

octo-cup03.jpg

octo-cup-wb01.jpg

octo-cup-eshopps02.jpg

sockholdercupcombo01.jpg

(Sock holder and Octo Cup™ combo)

Order HERE.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Perhaps start a poll for need(s) on silencers? I know I would take 3 for sure

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why is this still not a thing in the US? it should be sold everywhere. the best filter sock alternative!

come on octo, help us out :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
why is this still not a thing in the US? it should be sold everywhere. the best filter sock alternative!

come on octo, help us out :)

Available at MarineDepot

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not acrylic, the one marine depot has is like tupper ware plastic.
I bet I could buy a plastic cup for $1, drill some holes, glue the plastic ring from a filter sock onto the top of the cup, and it'd almost be the same thing they sell for $25.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so a lot of you have been bugging me about making these things. mainly for red sea setups. i'm starting to actual get the motivation to put the plan in motion, lol. i know there already a cheap product available already, but they are ugly. i want to create my own design that will be clear acrylic. it would have a black acrylic bottom with holes, and a black acrylic rim for the top. these would be approximately 6.25" tall and 3.25" diameter. it would be nice to make once size that would fit red sea sumps and standard 4" sump.

i just need to verify 3.25" will fit inside the red sea holes. i also need to know how much room there is around the opening on the top. i don't want the hanging rim to be too wide and bump into anything.
From my reefer 350

Inside diameter of sock hanger, 3 1/2"
Outside lip diameter, 4 1/8"

IMG_20180519_160940.jpg

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter Media Cup has 4” models, a 7” suppose to be released soon

Jr'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter Media Cup has 4” models, a 7” suppose to be released soon

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bet I could buy a plastic cup for $1, drill some holes, glue the plastic ring from a filter sock onto the top of the cup, and it'd almost be the same thing they sell for $25.

Pretty much , or just throw the media you want to use in a 50 cent media bag and put it into the sock . Not sure why the cup costs $ 25

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much , or just throw the media you want to use in a 50 cent media bag and put it into the sock . Not sure why the cup costs $ 25
I want to use the cup as a replacement for filter socks altogether, and just fill it with floss. It's a 100x easier way to remove particulate matter, and I think they know they can get $25 for it.... cause I just caved and bought one, haha ;-)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back