Acrylic Lid Question

Fishguy1079

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2014
Messages
163
Reaction score
31
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All random question about lids. I recently bought a new internal protein skimmer for my tank, and I realized the way it mounts my glass canopy won't fit. I need something that can be cut so I can get the skimmer to fit. My thought was to get an acrylic lid, does anyone know is acrylic basically all the same? By that I mean can I just go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a piece and have them cut it and I'm good to go ?

Thanks!
 
Hi All random question about lids. I recently bought a new internal protein skimmer for my tank, and I realized the way it mounts my glass canopy won't fit. I need something that can be cut so I can get the skimmer to fit. My thought was to get an acrylic lid, does anyone know is acrylic basically all the same? By that I mean can I just go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a piece and have them cut it and I'm good to go ?

Thanks!
I just use shoe / boot trays . You can buy plexi glass but not cheap any more > Or you can buy sheets on amazon very reasonably. You can cut glass as well . Some is marketed as ABS
 
for this type thing you need to use polycarbonate as acrylic will warp with the moisture and leave you with an unpleasant looking piece
 
You can buy 1/2 inch thick acrylic on Amazon . have yet to see anything that thick in any colour but black . I was just going to cut a hole big enough for the cup to fit through so it can be removed . The bonus is reduces salt creep .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new