Acrylic owners…help needed

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t. Even if they intended to do nothing… a response would have been nice. I sent a email and text the owner. Especially after buying 6 large tanks, sump, ATOs, frag racks and dosing container. My last big purchase with him was a bit of a mess so.

But I have say I ordered a new glass tank from glass cages. They have been a complete joy to work with. I can’t wait to get it. This will be my 2nd tank from them. And the first one was great.
That sucks! Is James still the owner? I haven’t spoke to him in years.. funny he was king acrylic on rc… glass cages make nice tanks I just picked one up! But I have an advanced acrylic sump lol.. normally I build my own tanks but I got a great deal and couldn’t buy the material for the price I paid for this one.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a shame. I was looking at their hybrid PVC/acrylic sump but will have to look elsewhere.

Yeah, I have heard a lot of good things about Glass Cages. If I ever replace my existing custom 225 which is 19 years old I'll be calling them. I just can't face the job of doing that right now even though there's lot of things I'd do differently now. Lessons learned too late!

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That sucks! Is James still the owner? I haven’t spoke to him in years.. funny he was king acrylic on rc… glass cages make nice tanks I just picked one up! But I have an advanced acrylic sump lol.. normally I build my own tanks but I got a great deal and couldn’t buy the material for the price I paid for this one.
I’ve only ever dealt with John. I believe he is the owner now. I’m just praying the rest of my tanks hold up from him.

What size tank did you get from glass cages? I have a 72x24x16 euro braced glass tank coming. For SPS grow out. I’m pretty excited to get it. This will be my first euro braced tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's a shame. I was looking at their hybrid PVC/acrylic sump but will have to look elsewhere.

Yeah, I have heard a lot of good things about Glass Cages. If I ever replace my existing custom 225 which is 19 years old I'll be calling them. I just can't face the job of doing that right now even though there's lot of things I'd do differently now. Lessons learned too late!
Probably a good idea.

I have a feeling I’ll be replacing more tanks down the road. And they’ll all be glass cages.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only ever dealt with John. I believe he is the owner now. I’m just praying the rest of my tanks hold up from him.

What size tank did you get from glass cages? I have a 72x24x16 euro braced glass tank coming. For SPS grow out. I’m pretty excited to get it. This will be my first euro braced tank.
72L x 34w x 24tall
9CE54931-79A6-4714-853A-6F7F654262D4.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have that sump.. it’s built really well and I do it for a living.. that’s for what it’s worth.. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one… I normally build my own but I got a smoking deal..
4B06FFE0-9876-431F-A0C3-B2EAA189F075.jpeg
8AD3A072-F8FC-49A2-B164-3BBBD5A7B9F4.png

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that sump also. No issues so far.
It’s actually plastic welded “hot air welder” since it’s pvc.. it seems their acrylic tanks are having issues which sucks for everyone involved.. I can say the plastic and solvents have changed over the years for the worse..:face-with-rolling-eyes:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back