acrylic sumps

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have any experience with this place?
http://www.acrylicsumps.com/

i'm thinking my best bet on a sump, (about 24"x24" under my cube tank)...is to order an custom made acrylic sump rather than going ghetto cheap AGA tank style.

every place i've looked at had ridiculously priced sumps, around $500. this place seems pretty reasonable. i like his styles, and the fact he has made alot of sumps for cubes.

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never experienced his sumps, but looks very professionally made and looks to be around a good price. He seems to fit the customers needs.

I think i might shoot him a email about a sump i want built. :)

Steve :)

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He made my 33gal sump for my 58gal. He does great work. He actually specializes in cubes. The only downside was the wait. He told me 2 weeks and it took 5 weeks for me to recieve the sump. When I get my bigger tank setup I will be having my sump made by them. He did everything to my specs, and it looks great. I'll take some pics of my sump for you today.

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you see his pricing? I have a 30 cube with an Amiracle sump on it but I would rather have a cube sump to fit the better.

Sandy

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you see his pricing? I have a 30 cube with an Amiracle sump on it but I would rather have a cube sump to fit the better.

Sandy
What you do is send him an email with your specs. Then you get an email with the price. Mine is a 33gal and it cost me $210. My specs were no fuge, 2 sets of baffles, 2 bulkheads, ato bracket.

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont forget to check with geo at www.geosreef.com

I know he is pretty caught up right now. He builds GREAT products. He has done all my acrylic work from skimmers to sumps to frag tanks. I cant say enough positive stuff about his work. Tell him Zeppelin sent you over.

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do use a geo reactor but i had to buy another reactor on my tank because a few weeks turned into 6 months last year----but he did send me a new reactor

also the problem i found with geo and i wasnt the only one

trying to get a hold of him i had to go threw another person to get to him

anything acrylic i am just going to build my self

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geo used to work for Marineland Inc., and go around the country setting up tank wall units like in Walmart, etc. Set up all the tanks, did all the plumbing, etc. Then he had to build his stuff when he got home, between runs to either setup or do maintenance on tank wall units. Geo recently quit Marineland, and is now doing the skimmers, reactors, sumps, etc. full time. The production delay he used to have is non-existant now, and his communication is great now too since he is around all the time.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No personal experience with him on my side, but did see this at RC just yesterday. May be worth a read:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1011106

Best of luck, Bryan

well, i think the problem there is that people dont really realize this guy is a one-man show, who also has a day job. they are sending in specs and expecting this thing to be hacked out and be at their door step in a matter of weeks, no compromises.

as everyone still said, everything was made perfect, and craftmanship was great.

IMO, the better things in life take some patience. so as long as the guy is willing to do a great job, i can live with waiting 2-3months. (i may ask for pics to get proof of where he is on the project though).

plus, it was the holiday season, alot of businesses slow down and thigns get backed up over the holidays.

i dont see those complaints as a big deal in my eyes. JMO though.

i dont see anything on geo's site about custom made sumps, what are his price ranges? i'd like to get an idea on the price range before i waste my time giving him specs ya know?

Last edited:

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few pics of my 33gal sump made by acrylicsumps.com

sump2.jpg

sump1.jpg

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JGoslee, any chance you can upload them to your photoalbum gallery over on RC? i can't view pics from photobucket at work :(

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about not putting them on RC. I didnt see your post until today. Yeah the deltec needs its annual cleaning. I have to empty the cup every 3 days. I love that skimmer.

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can contact Stacker at reefmonkey too, he does custom acrylic work. I have seen his stuff, its very nice, and well priced.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back