Actinic LED Strip Supplement

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rightio, so while my tank doesn't need anymore lighting over it I want to add an actinic led strip to the tank as I'm a zoa fan and need my pop at night! lol
A bit about the tank though, the tank is a 3.3x2x1.5', 90G, sps and clam dominant tank with a continually growing zoa garden. The corals have no shortage of lighting with a 250w Radium over the tank for 5hrs and 4x 24w T5's for 12-14hrs (I forget lol), however while the spectrum is great and the corals all enjoy it, I feel it's lacking a little bit of that wank value blue lighting and I don't want to change the T5 combo over to make it more blue as it's the best I've found using Giesemann tubes with the Radium.
Being an Aussie reefer my options are somewhat expensive and limited lol A reefbrite would be awesome but I can't justify the cost and the shipping! I've been looking at the 24" SB Reef Lights Actinic sBar which is $124 incl. shipping and it seems to be what I'll most likely go for but I'm also considering the Reef Breeders LumenBar actinic supplement.

Pretty much I'm looking for some help finding a decent mid range actinic supplement bar that doesn't need to have bells and whistles, just simple on/off functionality.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several of the biggest and best coral vendors here in the states are using Reef Brite XHO blues on their systems. Matter of fact, the top 4 coral vendors imo, use them. There must be a reason! I love the Reef Brite xho supplemental blues, they really help color up corals and make them pop. They are expensive for a reason, but imo worth it!

chickenreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever pull the trigger on the sbar? Mine just came in and they're brighter than my radion actinics on 65%. Longevity would be my concern though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back