Actual par readings of hydra 26hd brs ab+

Anchor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only issue with this is this is with all leds at max. Were looking for par with a specific schedule, the ecolab AB+ schedule tailored to the 26s which if memory serves me correctly is
Uv-%118
Violet-%101
Royal Blue-%85
Blue-%65
Green-%6
Red-%5
Cool White-%19

Yep I know, but it was something .. in case someone could interpret on their own.. or get a close enough.. or whatever metaphor you want to use.

And as I don't have a controller, how do you get a light above 100%?

And another edit.. Is the power setting a % of available power or does each source (LED) have XX watts available to it?

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I know, but it was something .. in case someone could interpret on their own.. or get a close enough.. or whatever metaphor you want to use.

And another edit.. Is the power setting a % of available power or does each source (LED) have XX watts available to it?
Getting a channel above 100% is available on the HD models. Say you are only using 5% green, you then have the extra percentage from that channel to use towards your blues for example. This a very general explanation of course.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The HD models are able to use power from one channel and divert it to another. So say you're only running red and green at 5 and 6%, that power not being used can be put towards a different led :)

OP
OP
Brian barranco

Brian barranco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, if you want to get me your tank dimensions and the number of lights, I can test tonight. I do not have T5's, but I can test 1 or 2 26's and let you know the results. Also need to know height above water for your lights.
Mine is mounted 12 inches of the rim. 11 inch is the water level. Height of the tank is 13 inches. Running two .

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got two of these over my Red Sea reefer 170. They hang at 8in above water level. I have all blue channels maxed out and run whites at 20%. This is running both at about 85w each, which is near max.

I get around 350par 10in down, 18in from the light.

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the numbers I got this morning. Keep in mind these are over a 6' tank with just 2 lights on and the beasurements were taken within a 48"x 24" area of the tank. I have places boxes to indicate the approximate placement of the 2 26's for this testing. Lights are 12" above water surface. I only took measurements @ depths of 1", 6", and 12" because I have too much rockwork below these points to get any usefull data for general purposes. Measurements were take with a Seneye and the settings I used are the most recent BRS AB+ which are:

UV - 118%
V - 101%
RB - 82%
B - 65%
G - 6%
DR - 5%
CW - 19%

1 inch under by Lyle Southard, on Flickr

6 inch under by Lyle Southard, on Flickr

12 inch under by Lyle Southard, on Flickr

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually went with 1 per 12in :)
For an SPS dominant tank I think that is a good strategy. I am doing an LPS dominant system and I think one for every 18" will do nicely. The manufacturer states on per 24", but i feel that would only work for low light or NPS corals.

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so here's some measurement data on a Red Sea Reefer 170 using a single Hydra26 mounted 10 inches above the water. Measurements done with an Apogee Quantum Flux, model MQ-200. Measured values are "eye ball" averaged, as they were fluctuating a lot on the display. The angle of the sensor can skew results significantly, I attempted to hold the sensor vertical and perpendicular to the bottom of the tank as best as possible. All measurements were hand held.

I did two sets of measurements with different settings on the Hydra26. This is the BRS AB+ spectrum:

AB+ PAR Measurements.jpg

Above photo used these settings on the light
File_001.png

After adjusting light to increase PAR I took readings below:

Clam PAR Measurements.jpg

Above measurements made with light settings below:
File_001 (1).png

Schweezy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have an issue with the Hydra 26 dropping leds? Mine is about 2 years old and I just noticed a white led is out on the right pick. Wondering if I should switch it out for another, a 56, or Kessil.

3830D508-93E2-4616-8C9A-3C350FC2C3E9.jpeg

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else have an issue with the Hydra 26 dropping leds? Mine is about 2 years old and I just noticed a white led is out on the right pick. Wondering if I should switch it out for another, a 56, or Kessil.

Hmm, not here.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes dropped the blues last year. Sent back to hydra and they sent a brand new model under new warranty for free. I purchased mine used and it was outside of warranty. No issues with 6 others in 4 years

Schweezy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you contact their support before sending back? They covered out of warranty too?

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes contacted support and they sent a new unit upon receiving and testing themselves. The unit was minimum a year outside of warranty and second hand. Whole ordeal took a week from leaving my hands to receiving the new warrantied one.

Back