Adaptive Reef Cabinet Wire Management System + Ecotech Controllers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RyanHoan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RyanHoan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
301
Reaction score
309
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry if this is a repeat but I couldn't find anything online.

Like so many other people, I bought the Adaptive Reef Cabinet Wire Management System for my Ecotech equipment.

Right away, I see that the MP40QD Dry side is directly connected to the controller, which doesn't fit through the board wire hole. Am I missing something here? This is incredibly frustrating. Why wouldn't Ecotech make a connecter between the dry side and the controller? That's ridiculous!

Anyway, clearly there's no easy way to route the controller through the board hole. How did everyone do it?

Thank you so much for the help.

This is for my new build, featuring Ecotech lights and pumps:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...fer-425-xl-build-upgrade.837517/#post-9081007
B4221587-9166-4FE6-86F9-771E4C1F04DB.jpeg

5D63A080-4D6F-4521-8F85-2FBF5FFB3D42.jpeg


35AFF98D-D418-4821-9A09-CC1ADD09A572.jpeg
 
They sell a module type add on specifically for eco tech I believe
 
In my case (exact same case) I opened the controller then unplugged the pump and passed the cord through. The circuit board will fit through as well if you want to do it that way. Either way you will need to open the controller but no biggie.
 
In my case (exact same case) I opened the controller then unplugged the pump and passed the cord through. The circuit board will fit through as well if you want to do it that way. Either way you will need to open the controller but no biggie.
I just did this, but shocked that ecotech doesn’t include a connector like literally every other company
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new