Added 2nd Refugium.

  • Thread starter Thread starter kenjung
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2010
Messages
94
Reaction score
51
Location
Alexandria, va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to share, I didn't know the plumbing was going to work so far so good. Its a unuse sump so I decided to have it as a second Chaeto refugium, was debating rather to add Chaeto reactor. I found them too much work. The second refugium plumbing is tricky to get it working properly, a combination of water bridge and return pump did the trick. My nitrate is in 30's this should bring it down, I have a lot fish Tangs. I used have bio ball, nitrate was 0 but that brought with it more problem with Acro's and red slime. I have been running the 1 first refugium for more than year now love the out come, lower nitrate, no weird nutrient, chemical imbalances.

20240909_091958.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new