Added flow in a 24G JBJ nano cube

iceman0124

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of the loop for a long while, this looks promising....
Champion Lighting & Supply :: Pumps :: Hydor Koralia :: Hydor Koralia 1 Circulation Pump

Is the outside magnet safe to be submerged? I'd like to put it on the back wall of the cube if possible, is the 1 strong enough? Or possibly too strong? I keep reading conflicting reports stating they are either way too weak or way too strong.

I need more flow period, but I also want more surface agition to break up the scum on the surface, these look good for the money. All tthoughts and comments welcome, thanks.
 
They are a decent cheap pump. If you have the money, get a Vortech, you won't be disappointed. Depending on what you are keeping you could get away with 1 Koralia 1, but I would use at least 2 Koralia 1 or maybe 1 Koralia 2. I like a lot of flow
 
I went on and ordered one 1, if thats not enough I'll add another down the line. Do you happen to know if the external magnet is safe to be underwater?

Budget is a big facrtor, one of the reasons these look so appealing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new