Added magnesium and ph dropped really low then added buffer please help please help!!!!!

FlushForce5

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
punta gorda
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help!!!!!! I have a waterbox marine 60.2 36 gallon reef tank. The guy at the LFS said my mag was low so I dosed it for the first time ever yesterday. I didn’t check it until tonight a day after and the ph was so low. I added buffer and it went up again . One of my sps looks a little lighter. I also added copepods today for the first time. It’s also saying my phosphate is 0.00 when on Saturday it was 0.035. I add stability every day and use half of the amount of ab+ that is recommended. I do not have any fish just all inverts. Please help me, did I crash my tank and is everything going to die? First tank ever after moving it I let it sit for four weeks and dosed stability every day. LFS said it was good to go except mag.

IMG_5790.jpeg IMG_5791.jpeg IMG_5792.jpeg image.jpg
 
Please help!!!!!! I have a waterbox marine 60.2 36 gallon reef tank. The guy at the LFS said my mag was low so I dosed it for the first time ever yesterday. I didn’t check it until tonight a day after and the ph was so low. I added buffer and it went up again . One of my sps looks a little lighter. I also added copepods today for the first time. It’s also saying my phosphate is 0.00 when on Saturday it was 0.035. I add stability every day and use half of the amount of ab+ that is recommended. I do not have any fish just all inverts. Please help me, did I crash my tank and is everything going to die? First tank ever after moving it I let it sit for four weeks and dosed stability every day. LFS said it was good to go except mag.

IMG_5790.jpeg IMG_5791.jpeg IMG_5792.jpeg image.jpg
I wouldn't be adding pH buffers. Your alkalinity will raise significantly. I expect the pH reading is bogus / dodgy test or something but just in case, read this;

https://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-09/rhf/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new