Added my final 2 fish today, some questions

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the last 2 fish to complete the stock on my 40 breeder today. A Midas Blenny, and a Flame Hawk. In the tank already I have 1 Clownfish, 1 Banggai Cardinal, 1 Royal Gramma, and 1 Melanurus Wrasse. The Wrasse is the biggest in the tank at about 3 1/2 inches, the rest are around 2 1/2. The wrasse keeps swimmings towards the 2 new fish, hes not biting them, just kinda "runs" at them and they swim off. Will he get over this? Because normally hes very peaceful and never bothered any one, just hunts on the rocks for pods all day. And my second question is I thought Flame Hawks just sit around and perch. Well this little guy has been over all the tank, almost doing laps around the top going from powerhead to powerhead to heater and back around.

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let them settle in, if there are no injuries.

Fish act strange for awhile until they feel safe/comfortable.

Helms Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the last 2 fish to complete the stock on my 40 breeder today. A Midas Blenny, and a Flame Hawk. In the tank already I have 1 Clownfish, 1 Banggai Cardinal, 1 Royal Gramma, and 1 Melanurus Wrasse. The Wrasse is the biggest in the tank at about 3 1/2 inches, the rest are around 2 1/2. The wrasse keeps swimmings towards the 2 new fish, hes not biting them, just kinda "runs" at them and they swim off. Will he get over this? Because normally hes very peaceful and never bothered any one, just hunts on the rocks for pods all day. And my second question is I thought Flame Hawks just sit around and perch. Well this little guy has been over all the tank, almost doing laps around the top going from powerhead to powerhead to heater and back around.
I have a long nose hawk and recently added a flame hawk. The long nose loves perching up top on return valves , wave maker etc. The Flame, well. He is a cliff hanger. He is all over the rock scape but never leaves cover. Unless feeding. It's crazy how different fish react. The Flame is the most territorial but no nipping and the others hold their own. But, he is all over the pace all the time.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Flame Hawk is acting like a Flame Hawk... although things might tone down a touch as it becomes increasingly more comfortable in its surroundings. A great fish to own.

OP
OP
hawk82

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Flame Hawk has settled in nice, but the Midas Blenny is kinda "bulking" up to my wrasse and clown. The clown bit at him today. I thought Midas was peaceful?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back