Added new clowns after brook

banghair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my partner and I cycled our tank, we added two clowns, and they got brook pretty much within 5 days and died, we were told by our LFS they were having a problem with brook after the fact. It was a super horrible way to start out our fish keeping. Anyways, about 5 days ago we added two new clowns, this is 6 weeks after the first pair passed and I am beyond stressed out, I’m still so upset about losing our originals so quickly (RIP Pogo and Oddysey) they paired so quickly, so it was just sad.

These clowns, have not paired quickly, I know it can take quite a while for some but I was wondering what you all think of their behaviour?

Naturally the larger started going for the smaller pretty immediately and would chase it around, that stopped all day today, and now I find them swimming together occasionally throughout the day with no problems. But the smaller one hangs around the top of the tank while the bigger one seems to have began hosting a hammer coral or maybe is testing it out? Is it possible for juvenile clowns to just… Not pair? Like just live neutrally in the same tank? Or should I expect to see them pair eventually, whenever it happens.

PS wish me luck.

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are weird and take awhile to figure it out. If you see one of them look like they are having a seizure that Is a mate dance. Iv had my new pair for a couple weeks and some times they together sometimes not. My others took a while before I'd say they were bonded. My current ones kinda buddies but not officially a couple yet. One needs to fully change into a female.

OP
OP
banghair

banghair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are weird and take awhile to figure it out. If you see one of them look like they are having a seizure that Is a mate dance. Iv had my new pair for a couple weeks and some times they together sometimes not. My others took a while before I'd say they were bonded. My current ones kinda buddies but not officially a couple yet. One needs to fully change into a female.
Hoping to see them inseparable soon!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Cali Reef Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In clowns the female some times is rough with the male at first she dominates him into her ❤️. Haha so call them love bites or whatever but they normally fight a little before they are inseparable.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back