adding 2 more clown fish

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2018
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
475
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 75 and will be upgrading to a 90 in a month or two. pending when my order comes in. would I be safe adding 2 more clown fish in to the tank or not attempt it at all? I already have 2 that I have had for almost 2 years now. I don't think I should be is it doable? if so would I be safe to do it?
 
You should be fine:)
 
I would not do that in a 90 gallon. There’s not enough room for 2 pairs
 
Definitely not.
They will almost certainly fight to the death. Clownfish are extremely aggressive with conspecifics.
 
I wouldn’t recommend it either. Especially since it’s a mix reef and not a dedicated clown/anemone tank.

How about a pair of Bengali cardinals or fire fish instead? Have you seen the small clown gobys? They are very unique as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new