adding 5 smallish fish to 9 month old tank

Angels usually ignore euphyllia. They will more than likely chase each other some, but that’s what angels do. This is essentially a modified version of what people do to keep a bunch of African cichlids together. The regal will be at the top of the pecking order, and the others will fall somewhere else.

Any angel would be fine though. Lemon peels can be scrappy as well, but your yellow tang may not like another yellow fish. If you go this route, I would say you are about maxed out in the tank. You will want to monitor parameters and water quality closely. This is just a method to potentially reduce aggression, but you know your regal’s personality better than I do. If you think she would mercilessly attack any new angels or sizable inhabitant, I would reconsider.

Given that some of your fish have some growing to do, I would consider an upgrade in the not so distant future. A 6’ 180+ gallon is what I would suggest. Keeping multiple angels together also becomes easier in larger tanks, and you would be able to add a couple more fish. Your regal would probably be less aggressive with more space too.
do you think it best if i add 3 dwarfs instead of 2? to help spread aggression even more

Cocopeel angel (lemonpeel but from coco island)
Joculata angel
Multi colour angel

??
In theory yes, but my concern would be the bioload.
 
so added 2 clowns and a mandarin i didn't get the joculator cause my acclimation box has not came yet but the regal angel is terrified of the clowns the yellow tang is not happy with them though but the regal angel chased the yellow tang lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new