Adding a new fish

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's another new fish introduction question but my question is specific to my tank so please bear with me. I have a 32 Biocube that has been established for 17 months. The first fish in to the tank were a firefish and a Wheeler's goby with pistol shrimp partner. Two months later I added a McCosker's wrasse. What was intended to be my final fish was a bonded pair of Davinci clownfish added at the 1 year mark. Everyone, including the clowns, were model citizens after the initial "getting to know you" stage. Yesterday while cleaning my aquarium my firefish went carpet surfing without me noticing. He was actually my favorite and I really would like to get another at some point. However, now that I have the clownfish, I'm concerned about adding another. They were never aggressive toward the firefish before but now that they are established in the tank that might not be the case. I appreciate your feedback/advice. Thank you.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of tank bred onyx davinci clowns that were the first fish I introduced, they always kept to themselves and never bothered any fish I ever put in after, including a purple firefish which is my favorite, I would be so bummed if it jumped, so I know how you feel, sorry for that. Every fish is different, so who knows, but if in your shoes I would try it.

OP
OP
CavalierReef

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback, LordofCinder. It certainly is a sad day. He was always the first to greet me in the morning and it just wasn't the same at this morning's feeding time. If I get another I'll probably use a peacemaker type box for initial introduction.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back