Adding a New Tang and Tang mixing

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking about adding a Yellow Tang with my White tail bristletooth tang, the yellow in question is about 1/2 inch smaller than the bristletooth who has been in the tank one month just curious about aggression between the 2 tank has lots of hiding places both fish are juvenile already watched all videos online looking for input from you guy's

ReefKidDarian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a gem, yellow, purple, blonde naso, floweri, achilles, blue, and a powder blue and they dont fight at all. The blue tang is about 3 inches and hes the smallest one. Ill get some pics later today when i get home :)

OP
OP
Mr Cypher

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a gem, yellow, purple, blonde naso, floweri, achilles, blue, and a powder blue and they dont fight at all. The blue tang is about 3 inches and hes the smallest one. Ill get some pics later today when i get home :)
sweet

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Introduce after lights out and add a mirror to the side of the tank if there is aggression.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 gallon display 125 total system volume the white tail is 3inch and the yellow is a little smaller
Might work. It will depend on the dimensions of the tank and the individual tang attitudes. I've seen yellows go postal in 4x1.5 90 gallon tanks.

OP
OP
Mr Cypher

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wanted to give you guys an update added the yellow tang he and my whitetail had a little light scrapping the first day but now both are super happy thanks for the support guys!!

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish are an excellent size, I haven't seen a yellow tang less than 3" in a very long time. By the way, no QT your new fish?

OP
OP
Mr Cypher

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those fish are an excellent size, I haven't seen a yellow tang less than 3" in a very long time. By the way, no QT your new fish?
bought the fish already QT from a trusted supplier I bought both tangs from them as well as a helfrichi firefish and a pintail fairy wrasse all came super happy and healthy

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back