Adding a new tang

jammers53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hippo tang and I’m buying a chocolate mimic tang I really need advice as I want it to go right I was unlucky a couple of months ago my regal can be a bully even though he is juivinile and both are the same size I’ll be getting

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after reading posts in the fish disease forum I'm more interested in knowing both sets of fish's disease preps, is he coming from a pre qt pre treated setup?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Acclimation is important as will be environment. Chocolate is not a good starter fish if this tank is new/newer.
If regal/Hippo is truly aggressive, you may want to consider an acclimation box, either placing chocolate in it for 7-10 days or the regal allowing the chocoalte to get aquainted with the tank.
Also for chocolate , you will want to plan diet. . . Flakes and pellwts wont cut it.

OP
OP
J

jammers53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is all pre quarantined and I have a qt tank aswell I have all Uv steriliser and loads of hiding places will they be compatible

OP
OP
J

jammers53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimation is important as will be environment. Chocolate is not a good starter fish if this tank is new/newer.
If regal/Hippo is truly aggressive, you may want to consider an acclimation box, either placing chocolate in it for 7-10 days or the regal allowing the chocoalte to get aquainted with the tank.
Also for chocolate , you will want to plan diet. . . Flakes and pellwts wont cut it.
My tank is nearly 2 years old but I have a feeding schedule of pellets flakes frozen but I can’t get my regal to eat nori he won’t for some reason

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did an acclimation box after QT. I was adding a foxface in an established tank with a blue hippo/yellow tang, flame angel, and bicolor angel. After foxface had full QT and was eating I added him to acclimation box at dusk and kept him in that for 2 days before releasing him. I also moved rocks before I added him... to cut down on the territories. I also added a few other new fish at the same time in hopes the aggression would be spread. At the same time I added 3 chromis and a watchman goby. ALL new fish are fine. The goby hid for a good 8 days before I spotted him... but he was fine hiding out getting comfortable. 180 reef.

OP
OP
J

jammers53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did an acclimation box after QT. I was adding a foxface in an established tank with a blue hippo/yellow tang, flame angel, and bicolor angel. After foxface had full QT and was eating I added him to acclimation box at dusk and kept him in that for 2 days before releasing him. I also moved rocks before I added him... to cut down on the territories. I also added a few other new fish at the same time in hopes the aggression would be spread. At the same time I added 3 chromis and a watchman goby. ALL new fish are fine. The goby hid for a good 8 days before I spotted him... but he was fine hiding out getting comfortable. 180 reef.
I think I’ll go with acclimation box I have a hippo tang 2 mocha storm clown fish a start Blenny goby 3 Cromis and a valanitni puffer they all get on great but I tried adding a mimic and he didn’t make it but I never done a acclimation box also I have added loads of aqua scape since. I had ich in July and have not added anything I just saved them

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My tank is nearly 2 years old but I have a feeding schedule of pellets flakes frozen but I can’t get my regal to eat nori he won’t for some reason
Feed at least:

-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health

OP
OP
J

jammers53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed at least:

-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health
I feed formula 2 and frozen and also ocean nutrition flakes with frozen every other day I’ve tried nori they ent interested and I have rings but they don’t bother them either plus they r all chunky and really well please can you send links for anything else I need

Back