Adding a pressure gauge to your RODI unit | BRStv How-To

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

We're coming at you with another video on a Monday! :)

In this installment, I show you how quick it is to install a pressure gauge on your RODI unit and touch on the benefits of having one!

Codemonkey812

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a booster pump and want to monitor my pressure before and after my sediment filter to make sure the booster is working properly and to let me know when the sediment filters need to be replaced. My issue is the pressure gauge after the booster pump just bounces around and at this point has stopped working. I see from your video, and web page a glycerin filled gauge would help. Have you setup an RO system with a booster pump with in and out gauges, and how did they perform? Also, I have seen pressure gauges with included temperature gauges in other applications, any thought of working with a manufacturer to have one made for the RO market?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a booster pump and want to monitor my pressure before and after my sediment filter to make sure the booster is working properly and to let me know when the sediment filters need to be replaced. My issue is the pressure gauge after the booster pump just bounces around and at this point has stopped working. I see from your video, and web page a glycerin filled gauge would help. Have you setup an RO system with a booster pump with in and out gauges, and how did they perform? Also, I have seen pressure gauges with included temperature gauges in other applications, any thought of working with a manufacturer to have one made for the RO market?

Hey there!

We haven't setup a system with a gauge on the IN and OUT of each stage, that I know of, but we have put them after sediment blocks without issue. I think as long as the booster pump pressure isn't maxing out the pressure gauge, then it should be able to provide you with a decent reading. I also think that the glycerin gauges may help with that bouncing.

Those double duty pressure gauge with temp monitoring sound awesome! We haven't looked into sourcing them, but I'll be sure to mention the idea to our new product team! :)

-Randy

LV3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the pressure gauge and I'm seeing 42 psi. My home unfortunately does not have strong water pressure and two plumbers have told us that we do not have a water pressure regulator. @randyBRS you mentioned a ballpark of 50 psi as indicated by the membrane manufacturer. Is 42 psi enough or would you recommend a booster pump kit? I installed the gauge because I have been going through more DI resin since we moved into our new home and figured that the membrane was not working as efficiently as possible and that the DI resin was picking up the slack and exhausting faster. Did I just answer my own question?

Back