Rodi pressure switch auto shut off

Oshanickreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I currently have my rodi unit hooked up with an autoflush valve and pressure switch. The pressure switch is installed after the unit on the feed line that goes to my water storage. I have a float switch that is supposed to stop the water flow. Pic attached. I’m on a well so i have to pump RO water into a storage container and degas for 24 hours before pumping that water through my di stages with a dosing pump. But that shouldn’t affect the pressure switch i would hope.

My issue is that when i hold the float switch as if the container is full the water to my rodi turns off and on every couple seconds non stop. So the pressure switch seems to be not working properly. So now i have optical sensors that shut off my water and booster pump but it isn’t seamless and im having issues there as well so i would love it if the pressure switch would just work as its supposed to. Any ideas?

Thansk,

Nick
image.jpg

edd59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
when the pessure drops the pump will cycle briefly every now and then. if its cycling often you may have water seeping somewhere, float valves or check waste line maybe a seeping aso valve

OP
OP
Oshanickreef

Oshanickreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when the pessure drops the pump will cycle briefly every now and then. if its cycling often you may have water seeping somewhere, float valves or check waste line maybe a seeping aso valve
thats interesting. I called BRS and they sent me a next day air replacement pressure switch. they said they often have issues. hoping thats the cause

OP
OP
Oshanickreef

Oshanickreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was referring to the auto shut off valve not pressure switch.
oh ok. well my unit has an auto flush valve that replaced the auto shut off. turns out i installed the new pressure swithc from BRS. they shipped it to me next day air for free which was awesome! and now it works as it should.

problem solved

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back