Adding a Regal Angel???

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at one also and have 4 wrasses including a flame fairy, jewel leopard, pencil wrasse and a radiant wrasse. Tank is a 100 gallon and wrasses are well established and a bunch of Zoas in the tank that he can eat.
What do y’all think about it? Tank is well established for several years.
Jay
Those are peaceful wrasse. Should be fine.
It should be alright but be warned, if your luck is as bad as mine with the peaceful wrasses then that radiant could be boisterous. I’d be more worried about any possible tangs or similar bodied fish over the wrasses though.
Funny how that’s the one Halichoeres I have that has never shown the slightest amount of aggression.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are peaceful wrasse. Should be fine.

Funny how that’s the one Halichoeres I have that has never shown the slightest amount of aggression.
Mine ‘beat’ on all three fairies I added throughout this year/last year (Naoko although this was expected, Finifenmaa and Flavidorsalis). I never expected it but I guess it may be due to him being the top of the wrasse hierarchy.

Ironically nobody cared about the Xenojulis when she was added but again it may be due to her being female (although with signs of transitioning and still showing the signs).

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be alright but be warned, if your luck is as bad as mine with the peaceful wrasses then that radiant could be boisterous. I’d be more worried about any possible tangs or similar bodied fish over the wrasses though.
I agree, my main concern was the radiant, all my wrasses are full blown males. And he’s the one that didn’t allow my chaoti wrasse to eat peacefully and stayed buried after I added her. Never saw her again, she was a lot smaller than the rest though. The regal is around 4 inches and waiting on Mike from NY Aqaurics to get back with a few questions I had about her. Will keep everyone posted on what the result is.
Thanks

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, my main concern was the radiant, all my wrasses are full blown males. And he’s the one that didn’t allow my chaoti wrasse to eat peacefully and stayed buried after I added her. Never saw her again, she was a lot smaller than the rest though. The regal is around 4 inches and waiting on Mike from NY Aqaurics to get back with a few questions I had about her. Will keep everyone posted on what the result is.
Thanks
We need to see photos of your radiant in the wrasse lovers thread ;)

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
I got mine from world wide corals, she was super healthy when she came and eating on day two. You should look into one from them! Got my first one from reef beauties and it took her a while to eat and she got ich which I treated. WWC for sure had a healthier regal off the bat!

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpeg
    IMG_1417.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 35

Danny McElroy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's been months since you posted, but just curious how your results came out? I have a 100% Acropora SPS tank and am about to add a large mature one from an established system that eats frozen, and I am curious how yours did with your Acropora?

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Gray belly I got from Dr Reefs a few years back. He took a day or two to eat in the tank with the other fish. At first my Tomini and PB gave him some guff but the Purple seamed to come to his aid. They all get along and he will eat out of my hand. SPS tank and he does take a small taste on occasion but no harm to the corals.
IMG_1637.jpeg

IMG_1541.jpeg

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's been months since you posted, but just curious how your results came out? I have a 100% Acropora SPS tank and am about to add a large mature one from an established system that eats frozen, and I am curious how yours did with your Acropora?
I got a red sea orange belly and she is stunning! She is in a FOWLR tank though.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this girl with Acros and she didn’t care at all about them. The Acros I’ve given up on as my Flame Back Angel did make a good meal from a tort that was already going downhill. But the 3 angels are with LPS (mainly hammers) and ignore everything!
IMG_9447.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back