adding a second tang?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ldogg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
448
Reaction score
94
Location
Colorado Springs, Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a medium sized purple tang in the 120. he is happy happy what the heck no issues. I am wondering if I could get by with adding a small PBT in there as well. I have 2 vortechs running at 3/4 in reef crest mode, so there's tons of flow in the tank. I was thinking of printing out a few PBT pictures, and taping them to one side then moving them every day or so.... any idea if this will work?
 
I have had suggest with using a mirror. The picture idea is great. Give it a shot and see what happens.
 
Interesting concept. This is the first time I heard this. I have a purple tang that I have had for 5 years and I put a foxface in with him. He harassed him for a couple days and now they get along like brothers. They fight every once in awhile but only for a couple seconds and then the foxface throws his spikes up and the purple goes on his merry way.

Any chance you can get a pbt close to the size of the purple? I think if it's too small the purple will tear it up.

If the pics don't work, you could paint your face like a pbt and walk back and forth in front of the tank.... :bigsmile:
 
I was looking at a medium on Live aquaria, so they will be close to the same size... I will have to try the picture just to see what he does...
 
Sorry for jumping in. I'm facing the same issue here. I have a small/medium purple tang for 3 months in my 225 gal tank and plan to add a black tang. Do you think there is a chance they will get along? Thanks.
 
I just added a Maculiceps tang to my tank with a Yellow I've had for 2 years....both aprox the same size
After just the first few days, the Mac tang has made the yellow his bich LOL
 
i have 2 tangs in my 55 gal with 2 clowns and they get along great but i put them in when they were small but they werent put in at the same time i am no pro at this saltwater hobby but i have had no problems
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new