adding a second tang?

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a medium sized purple tang in the 120. he is happy happy what the heck no issues. I am wondering if I could get by with adding a small PBT in there as well. I have 2 vortechs running at 3/4 in reef crest mode, so there's tons of flow in the tank. I was thinking of printing out a few PBT pictures, and taping them to one side then moving them every day or so.... any idea if this will work?

thincat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had suggest with using a mirror. The picture idea is great. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting concept. This is the first time I heard this. I have a purple tang that I have had for 5 years and I put a foxface in with him. He harassed him for a couple days and now they get along like brothers. They fight every once in awhile but only for a couple seconds and then the foxface throws his spikes up and the purple goes on his merry way.

Any chance you can get a pbt close to the size of the purple? I think if it's too small the purple will tear it up.

If the pics don't work, you could paint your face like a pbt and walk back and forth in front of the tank.... :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Ldogg

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at a medium on Live aquaria, so they will be close to the same size... I will have to try the picture just to see what he does...

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for jumping in. I'm facing the same issue here. I have a small/medium purple tang for 3 months in my 225 gal tank and plan to add a black tang. Do you think there is a chance they will get along? Thanks.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just added a Maculiceps tang to my tank with a Yellow I've had for 2 years....both aprox the same size
After just the first few days, the Mac tang has made the yellow his bich LOL

grimis444

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2 tangs in my 55 gal with 2 clowns and they get along great but i put them in when they were small but they werent put in at the same time i am no pro at this saltwater hobby but i have had no problems

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 151 40.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 190 50.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 33 8.8%
Back